‘Nalladhoar Veenai Seydhae’ - a complete bliss

It was one fine evening last week. I was reliving my memories by glancing through some photos and listening to some songs in my laptop. And accidently I bounced upon this song ‘Nalladhoar veenai Seydhae’ by Mahakavi Bharathi. And believe me, it was such a bliss listening to this song. Having got inspired by this song, I set out to find what those wise words meant. And here it is for you.

nalladhoar veenai seydhae (I) made a noble veena - adhai
nalangedap puzhudhiyil erivadhundoa
Would (I) throw it in the garbage?

(nalladhoar)

solladi sivasakthi Answer me oh Goddess - enaich
chudarmigum arivudan padaiththuvittaay
Why create me with a sparkling wisdom?
vallamai thaaraayoa - indha
maanilam payanura vaazhvadharkae
Wont you give skill and brilliance to make
the society lead a purposeful life
solladi sivasakthi - nilach
chumaiyena vaazhndhidap puriguvaiyoa
Answer me oh Goddess
will you make them live as a
burden to the land they stand on ?

(nalladhoar)

visaiyurup pandhinaip poal - ullam
vaendiyapadi seyyum udal kaettaen
Like a moving ball - Give me a body
that moves in any way my mind directs
nasaiyaru manam kaettaen - niththam
navamenach chudar tharum uyir kaettaen...uyir kaettaen...uyir kaettaen
Give me a untarnished mind - and a
life that would light up life
thasaiyinaith theechchudinum - siva
sakthiyaip paadum nallagam kaettaen
Give me the drive to sing about
sivasakthi long after this body is burnt
asaivuru madhi kaettaen - ivai
arulvadhil unakkedhum thadaiyuladhoa (2)
And gimme an immovable confidence - Do you
have any problem in granting this?

(nalladhoar)


If you would love to listen to Bharatiyar songs, here is the link for a complete repository of Bharatiyar Padalkal http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/3729280/fc65422a/bharathiyar_padalkal.html?&


|

0 comments:

Post a Comment