Dare to be imperfect and be ready to embrace change

DARE TO BE IMPERFECT

One day I saw a lady wearing a shirt with the caption ‘She died of perfection’.

The other day I saw a movie titled ‘Black Swan’ also on the dangers of being perfect.

Sheer coincidence.  

In the film the protagonist, a ballerina is a very committed dancer and a true perfectionist. When other ballerina competes for her role in a play the pressure to retain the spot causes the protagonist to slowly lose grip on the reality and she had a living nightmare every day. She however retained the position in the play on the show day. But without realizing apparently, she slowly killed herself in the process. After the play the cast gather together to congratulate her, only to find her severely bleeding. Her last whispers were “I felt it. Perfect. It was perfect.” and she died.

All this kept me thinking.

Many a times I am a tough nut to crack. I may seem soft and docile on the outside but it is very difficult to change me when I have a point of view. My close ones know me best. And they have been stunned by my strong retaliations. This tough stand has proved to be good many a times, sometimes bad, sometimes worse.

These tough stances have made me make the great and best choices (which may have seemed to be stupid wait to others). But many a times when I want things to be done a certain way and if things don’t go the way I desire I become neurotic. It takes the better of me.

I've learnt the lesson now. Don’t be tough on you. Dare to be imperfect (or rather be accommodating) and bring out something new in you.

CHANGE – are you ready to brace the unknown

How many times have we heard this adage ‘Change is the only constant thing is life.’

But do we embrace change fearlessly.

My best laid plans have burst apart. In such times I fear a part of me is losing myself or that I am not able to control the situation in my hand. Do I burst apart now?

What has happened cannot be erased or changed. Atleast I can embrace the present and be more accommodating.

Your power not lies in steadfastly controlling the situation. You only become domineering, neurotic and become blind to the options around.

In tough times your beauty lies in letting go off the plan/ situation, see what new unfurls in front of you and immediately grasping that idea into your life.

Even trees enjoy their process of change or to put it aptly the process of revelation and renovation. It does not crib but responds immediately to the various changing conditions around. Ultimately it enjoys the bounty and the change it sees in it after every season. Yet it lays strong in its roots and remains unshackled whatever the condition it is in. It stands TALL, STRONG and PROUD.

I've learnt a lesson or two from the bounty tree. Not to fear changes as death but rather see it as a new birth and a possibility to see something new in you. If you consider like that life will be better off in the end.

So I've let things to sail on its own terms. It puts your life at ease. You are able to appreciate yourself more and also enjoy the beauty and bounty around you. 


|

0 comments:

Post a Comment