I AM BACK after a long hiatus!!!

My last post was in 2015, well that was just an intended post to keep my blog page alive. A well meaning post written by me was way back in 2012. I had put this blog page for a brief halt after that (ironically, the brief half turned to a long hiatus here) and turned my attention towards my cooking blog. 


Life has changed a lot since 2012. Moved to a new city after my marriage. Started a family. Had to take a forced break in my career. Devoted my wholehearted attention on raising my kid. While I enjoyed this dedicated family time, slowly I realised I am relapsing into the mommy brain zone, without taking time out for personal development. I started taking steps to get me out of this comfort zone. 


As a first step out, I fulfilled my long standing dream of pursuing my MBA studies. Initially, pursuing post graduate studies in a new city with a young family to take care of and without much financial backing felt like an impossible goal far from reach. But with the unwavering support from my husband and my determined spirit, after months of relentless preparation, finally got admitted into one of top ranking universities in Australia. Well soon I realised that I have not reached my destination, but that the journey into the whirlwind of personal and professional life has just begun. 


The following two years were tough mentally, physically and emotionally. Managing a growing toddler, household chores and sometimes gruelling study schedules had my energy drained out on most days. But I have a fighting spirit in me and I manage to bounce back to normal even after the most difficult and pressing situations. This whole study experience did not only help me put a step forward in my professional development, but also enhanced my personality development taking my personal confidence to the next level. 


I passed my MBA studies with Distinction. Taking my graduation photo with my husband and my kid by my side was one of the life cherishing and triumphant moment:)


More on my life journey, to be followed, in my next blog post...:)



|

1 comments:

Ramya Athimuthu said...

So good to read that you decided to push yourself and succeeded in it. The beauty lies in taking the step forward and building the trust that everything will fall in place. Congratulations on your accomplishment, for all that you know this could just be the beginning and there are more and more success stories to follow and post :) Stay Blessed!

Post a Comment