When cooking is done with passion...

When cooking is done with passion, it is such a pleasure. I enjoy the whole cooking process. I never get tired or bored at it. (Irony is that I’m not a foodie but love experimenting with new dishes for others). I just love experimenting with new dishes and eventually when it turns out to be tasty, edible and much appreciated, the feeling is so special. And smelling the aroma of your dish being cooked is heavenly.

It is an art not rocket science. It’s all in the dexterity and skills of your hands…put all your mind and heart into it and enjoy it heartily with your loved ones.

I haven’t known cooking till college days (except omlette, scrambled egg, maggi, dosa, tea). But the days when I lived outside my home, there was no other option but to cook myself. Also for the fact that I am very health conscious and hate hotel/ outside food, I learnt cooking.

In the initial days, I started experimenting with upma and pongal varieties and slowly the love for cooking started. What I observed is…the more you love cooking, the more you get to know about the various ingredients, vegetables and fruits, the more you get to know about their health benefits, the more conscious and wholesome eating habits you get, the more healthier you are and a healthier family.

Leave aside the fad of eating outside (occasional dining out is no harm)…it is very essential that women know cooking to keep their family healthy…

Cooking is all about getting to share your passion with the ones you love…and when someone enjoys, relishes and appreciates what you made with love the feeling is so special

I have cooked many things, some just by trial and error, while some from recipes (either from mom, books, magazines and even internet). I have experimented with Indian foods and vegetarian items only. Soon I should start experimenting with others also.

Some of my cooking experiments for others…

In my first office, I took my cooking thrice…Rusk Halva; Biryani, kurma, raita; Ven pongal, sambar, egg curry

When I cooked for my mom, sis and bro on their visit to Mumbai…rice, sambar, potato fry, papad, payasam

And recently I cooked for my special one…tomato rice, raita, omlette…raw mango rice and raita

Nothing great but nice memories these are…nice thing is that the dishes didn’t come out as disasters but was much liked by them.


|

5 comments:

Sanjeetha Veni said...

Cooking and experimenting it with different ingredients is undoubtedly a pleasure.....but experimenting on pity creatures like us is a big pain..:)

Sugirtha Veni said...

Be grateful that someone is considering you all special and sparing time to cook for you...where else can I go and test my experiments other than you (pity creatures!)...bear with it :)

Aaju said...

@Sugi: You really cooked well.we consider, we are not pity but privileged guys to taste what you have cooked. :), was very much elated on the other day..
Food well cooked and well served.

@Sanjeetha: Sis, hope you will agree :)

Sugirtha Veni said...

@Aaju :):) Thank u

Sanjeetha Veni said...

I am speechless...:)

Post a Comment